Tuesday, November 27, 2012

In Which I Break Boy Band Synonyms

An Important Announcement Regarding Boy Bands on Flâneur in the City:

Sorry to disappoint you, new readers, but this is not a Backstreet Boys Blog. Even though seven out of ten of my keyword searches for today alone have been for the Astern Avenue Adolescents.

And only ONE for Bowie? Really?
Despite what Google may lead you to believe, I have all of one post on the Ol' Rear Road Rousers, and the fellows are mostly used as a metaphor for communication on the Internet. (Oh! And said post also brought me my very first troll! Memmmmories!)

There's this post on Forgotten Boy Bands of the '90s that I need to follow-up on, but since many of you so ardently, lovingly Google the Young Bucks of Posterior Boulevard, I don't think they're really forgotten.

But now that we're talking about them, I suppose I do have something to say.

This right here? This is "As Long As You Love Me."


 And this? This is Justin Bieber?

 What do you mean it's not a Lads of the Rearmost Lane tribute cover? Image via Wikipedia.


Honestly? I don't WTF the Justin Bieber kid is singing when he crones, "As Long As You Love Me" on the radio. Perhaps it's because of the lone gray hair that sticks out of my scalp like a planted flag on Mt. Brunette, but I do not understand why this song exists. There can be only one boy band/boy bander with this song title. It's like Highlander, but much more deadly.

This is not a bad picture; the '90s were just that fuzzy.

The Bairns of the Hindmost Trail are five and the Biebs is one. And Bieb-a-roo, that doesn't mean you are THE one.

Anyway, this has been your FitC Important Boy Band Announcement of the Day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Very droll.

Natalie said...

Thank you! Droll is a great word. You are a Londoner!

Post a Comment