Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Slug Girl

I just can’t seem to wake up today.

Yesterday I passed it off as Monday blues, the sluggish feeling, the heavy tiredness. The Mean Reds, if you will.
Maybe there were some energy vampires in my midst, because I couldn’t seem to get motivated. Hello, Tuesday, and no better. My mind is more alert, but that may be from the can of Coca-Cola coated with condensation next to me. Of course, that could be the very reason I am not alert – the caffeine, the long hours, the little exercise.

Maybe the fog will clear with a jog around the park after work.

Maybe I’m just a little burned out by my job. I’ve had a lot to edit in a very short time.

Maybe I just need something more than lanes of concrete and office walls.

Maybe I just need to duck out of work right this second and go eat Indian food.

I’m taking option D.

In other news, 400 words of clichés do not a column make. Nor a blog entry. Future self, take note. You know what kind of writer not to be. Now try your hardest to be the kind of writer (and person) you would want desperately to imitate if you met them on the street.

0 comments:

Post a Comment