Friday, November 11, 2011

Ten Things That Rock My World

Way back in (eep!) late August, Miss Emmie from Emmie's Darlings tagged me in this post. The Ten Things list was a brilliant idea, but it came right around the time I was traveling and then moving into a new house. I remembered it today when I was making my afternoon cuppa tea (certainly a thing that rocks my world!) and thought it'd be a good time to re-visit the idea. (Sorry it took so long, Emma-Jane!)

Ten Things, "which give me a little flutter in my stomach or a little grin on my face," and no, it is not a list of David Bowie and puppies and London. For once. These ten are things you may or may not know already, but not the usual blog fodder. Ready? Here we go!

10.) Sleep

I can never get enough! In fact, are y'all ready for a nap? No? OK, we'll finish this first.

Yawn!

 9.) Summer

Give me heat, give me green leaves, give me slow twilights and give me feet free from wool and lacings. The smell of suntan lotion is my aprodesiac.

 8.) Solitude

Believe it or not, I am very much an introvert. I need peace and quiet and time to be alone with my own thoughts or I go a bit mad. Introverts are the reason we invented garden bathtubs. Solitude and I are old, comfortable lovers.

7.) Friends and Family

All that about my alone-time being said, I get by with a little help from my friends.  They are spread out all over the world, and I love each and every one of them more than they will ever know.

6.) My Friends' Children

It surprises me how deeply attached and emotionally invested I am in the offspring of my mates. I knew I'd like them all, the wee moppets, but I had no idea I'd love them so.

5.) A Hot Cuppa

Tea, preferably the soft perfume of Earl Grey or a spicy Chai. It's the counter to my love of sleep. Coffee, coffee, coffee. Any and all. On our kitchen counter we have four separate containers for coffee, and a whole shelf in the pantry devoted to various blends. Filtered coffee, espresso, iced, mixed with flavored syrups; you name it, I love it.




4.) Reading

Hand-in-hand with a hot cuppa comes a good book. Nothing better. Since I now have access to all the books I packed away 3 years ago, I've been re-reading some old favorites. Like? The Maeve Chronicles by Elizabeth Cunnigham, The Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer, the collected works of Sarah Waters and Margaret Atwood, "Song in the Silence," by Elizabeth Kerner, and a ton of popular novels collected from the book section of Target for the past 5 years. Some trashy, some classy, all perfect as an evening companion.

3.) Dancing the Night Away

Even us introverts have to bust a move. I'll be the one still dancing in the moonlight when I'm 80. Come join me.

2.) Eating

It's a shame gluttony is a sin. I love to eat. Indian food, French pastries, cheeses, sushi, eggs, pizza, Chinese buffets, fresh yeast rolls, tarts, cupcakes, and strawberries dipped in chocolate are some favorites. Just to name a few. Pair it with a cold beer or a heady wine and we are in business. So, what are you eating? More importantly, are you gonna finish that?

1.) Love

This one really rocks my world. In the matters of the heart, I am one lucky girl.

My Love and I face the world, side by side.

Who's tagged next?

The usual suspects: Ashley, Jamie, Ellen, and all of you on my Follow List -- if you follow me on Google or on Facebook, consider yourself tagged! (Yes, all 16 of you!) And please leave me a link when you do write yours -- I wanna know what rocks your world!


0 comments:

Post a Comment