Thursday, August 23, 2012

We Didn't Break Up

I promise, we didn't.

I am walking up a steep lane to a small cottage nestled in thick bramble. The wooden cottage door is swollen shut, but I must get inside, for in this small hidden cottage there is a pale white-washed room holding a stoic oak table. On this table there is a blue ceramic bowl holding a bright red apple. Inside the apple is a seed, and carved almost imperceptibly on this small apple seed is one word, "write."

First, I must make my way up the lane, through the door, into the room. Sit at the table, study the curves of the blue bowl. Weigh the apple in bare, sweaty palms. Decide to take a bite. It's not an altogether unpleasant task, just takes time.

It's taken a solid two months, but I found the seed. Hello, dear Flâneur in the City readers. I missed you. What's new?



3 comments:

ashley said...

I was wondering if something were amiss, why I hadn't seen any of your refreshing posts lately. So happy to read you once again.

Natalie said...

Thanks for the kind words! Hopefully writing and I have fully reconciled and FitC will continue to host silly and Bowie-related things.

Natalie said...

Thank you for the kind thoughts! Cheers to both the silly and serious!

Post a Comment