Friday, February 24, 2012

Where In The World?

It’s been a long time and I shouldn’t have left you without a dope beat to step to. Forgive my extended absence. 

So what’s new? 

First off: Your favorite feckless flâneur found herself a job. For now. It’s a freelance in-house temp position, and I signed a contract to have my butt in a cubicle from 9-6 until May. This is a good thing, as blogging doesn’t really pay the bills. Unless those bills are attached to ducks, and those I can pay with stale bread and water. Which is what I would be stuck eating if it weren’t for my dear Mr. B providing me with vittles as I wrote for 10 cents a word for the past few months. 

Via TrueWildlife.

Now that I am getting paid to write 8 hours a day, my blogging will have to be limited to the weekends and after work. My goal is to produce content (fancy speak for writin’ lots) during my free time and schedule posts throughout the week. This hasn’t actually happened yet, but when I do, I’m sure it will work fine. Right? 

Second: If you’ve ever wanted to do a guest post for all the fame and glory that comes with free blogging for an extremely small and limited audience (that mostly consists of people Googling “David Bowie’s penis,” my friends and family -- sorry Mom! -- and like-minded lovelies) now is you big time to shine, shine like a child star on public access Saturday morning television! Come! Join me! Be a GUEST BLOGGER! 

And if all that fame and glory isn’t enough for you, I am also looking of Flâneur in the City photo submissions, since being stuck in a cubicle means I can’t run around taking pics until my heart and memory card are full. 

I have a couple of posts in the works, and my draft folder is full of stories going back to April of last year, because that’s the kind of organized and prompt individual I am. (SUPER organized and timely, that’s the kind.)

In short: I love you all, and I’ll talk to you soon.


UPDATE: Yes, the opening line is from this song. Consider it tonight's jam:


Aaliyah featuring Timbaland, "Try Again"

0 comments:

Post a Comment