Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little Sarah McCain Palin

I have one word of advice to the newborn daughter of Mark Ciptak: Emancipation.

Sure to be nominated for the Republican Husband of the Year, Mark Ciptak decided that his newborn daughter shouldn't be called the lovely name Ava Grace, the name his wife picked out. He wanted his daughter to be named John McCain. And while his wife was recovering in the hospital from labor, he went behind her back and filled out the birth certificate form. Without consulting his wife or even telling her before telling the national press, Ciptak named his daughter Sarah McCain Palin. (My advice to Mrs. Ciptak: Divorce.)

Here's what the genius had to say for himself:

"I went ahead and asked my wife about it and let's just say that's not an option."

"She wanted Ava Grace."

"With a clear conscience, even though I know I was kind of going behind her back, I kind of secretly put down Sarah McCain Palin instead of Ava Grace on another set of forms I acquired from the front desk."

"As we were walking out the front of the hospital, I went ahead and gave those to the nurse."

"My wife actually found out the next day when I found out that it looked like it was going to make national news, so, for her fairness, I wanted to get that taken care of before the news hit nationally."

"At first she didn't really want to believe me. She sort of didn't want to talk about it."

"When she did realize it was the real deal...speechless. I felt a lot of cold air come from her way."

Ciptak said his wife is still speaking to him, but some relatives aren't. He said he does feel bad about going against his wife's wishes but said they're both excited at the hope of giving the McCain campaign a breath of fresh air.

He also said if his daughter grows up to be a Democrat, that's her freedom as an American, and he wishes her the best.


Mr. Ciptak? This election will be over in about 20 days. And if, just if, by the slightest of slight chance McCain happens to Bush his way into office, his days are limited to 8 years, tops. And Palin? Please. Yeah, there's a real role model for a girl. How long do you think Palin will last?

A name you give a child stays with them forever. Or at least until they hit 18 and legally have it changed.

Way to think ahead.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, why are so many Republicans such morons?

Post a Comment