Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Around London Town

  • I was a very good girl last night.
You'll be proud to know, dear ones, that I did not sit in front of Southbank with a sign that read "Bret Easton Ellis is an asshat!" Even though the noted asshat (and my archenemy) was there last night, an ugly blemish on the London Literature Festival's smiling face.

(UPDATE: If you are visiting from another blog (it has come to my attention that I've been linked in  this regard), please read my initial posts on Bret Easton Ellis here, and the follow-up thoughts here for background on why I would hang out in front of Southbank with a picket sign. Thank you kindly.)

Why no protest? Because I'm like Gandhi. (If Gandhi was a whiskey drinking, cursing-like-a-drunken-sailor, feminist, Bowie-lovin', gladiator-sandal-wearin' grad student.*) And Gandhi wouldn't sit in front of Southbank with a protest sign. No sir-ree. He would finish his book and work very hard and not waste his time or money skipping off to see Emo SparkleVamps at the Odeon. Well, maybe. **

  • London teenagers are cute. When they aren't screaming "Woooo!" at 3 in the morning.
Today I saw two young girls walk by my kitchen window in matching "I ♥ London" jumpers, hoodies up, and sharing one iPod, the headphones cord binding them together as they walked in unison. It was pretty adorable, and kind of made me want a matching jumper set to wear with a friend. 

  • Royal Rumble!
Prince Harry challenges BOWIE for the prestigious title of "Hot Man Who Looks Like A Puppy" on Flâneur in the City!

Check it:

 (When choosing a puppy-look-alike, true contenders go for the matching hair colour look.)

But! The Brits do have a well-established history of looking like puppies. 


And then there's this anthropomorphic feat:

(Awww! Puppy thinks he's an independent colony from Britain! How cute!)

Bonus points if this pup was named Prince.

But, as always, Bowie wins with this shot:



Can you dance with wolves like Bowie***, young Prince Hotness? I think not.


* He very well may have been, before, you know, peaceful enlightenment and all. Bowie is rather transcendent.

** Gandhi would not be Team Jacob.

*** Bowie is Team The Hunger.
And the only living man allowed to sparkle.


0 comments:

Post a Comment