Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oldies But Goodies 2: Skinny Dipping

Since I am still working on my dissertation (due Friday!), it's Oldies But Goodies week at Flâneur in the City. Here's another wee Natty adventure, recycled from one of my old Blogger blogs. I've had various blogs on Blogger for about 9 years, and will most likely continue. Blogger is the site I have used the longest in my Internet life. Wonder what will come next?


May 28, 2002 
Skinny Dipping

I'm a 21-year-old co-ed, living in a mixed-gender dorm at a major University, that just so happens to be on the beach. Attending classes during the summer.
This said, the worse thing I could do would be to hop naked into the ocean during a full moon, on a deserted beach.
Haven't you seen "Jaws"?
Have I learned nothing from years of horror movie openings?
The naked co-ed is the first to go.
Perfect shark bait.

This also said, what is the it that I do my second weekend at college?
Hop in the Atlantic ocean, naked as a jay bird.

My partner-in-crime and I were walking the beach in the moonlight, which in its strange perfection resembled a movie set, dream yet reality. The yellow moon was bright and beckoning; I couldn't resist her pull. She made a silver path to our feet. Calling.
There were fireworks in the distance, stars by the dozens, the Moon -- she as bright as her brother Sun.
We stood in her pull, wandering closer.
The ocean licked the hem of my sundress, and suddenly I am to my knees in tear-tasting waters.
I want more ...
"I want to go in," I say.
My partner-in-crime answers, "Will you? I'll go if you do."

We move up the beach, towards dry sand.
It only takes one swift movement to yank my sundress over my head.
My bra unsnaps, I was barefoot to begin with. Bracelets, rings fall to the sand.
Everything off?
Might as well do it right.

Naked, naked, naked I run.
The Moon is my path, lights my feet to the sea.

So cold ... 
The waves crash, an icy shock down my body.
Yet I laugh.

My partner-in-crime is a few feet away, we wave to each other, we dive, the waves overtake us both.

I taste salt, I become salt.
There no tears left in me.
They lay cast into the moon and sea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment