Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturn's Return

 (Pride Week on Saturn! Whoo-hoo!)

The Saturn Return. It's new to me.

At 29.5, an astrological destiny declares the threshold to adulthood open and tumultuous* changes occur. Not 18, so stfu, teenagers. 29.5. Which, despite celebrating my 21st birthday for years now, means right around, oh (glance at non-existence watch on arm), right the fuck now.

I think I've already done this. 27 seemed to be my year of upheaval, of quarter-life crisis, of panic and pain. I've got the worry-induced wrinkles and pre-mature grey hair to prove it. Now I just feel peaceful. Even when faced with the uncertainties of the future, of where I will live, and how I will survive and where I will work, I feel a calm sense that it will all work out for the best.**

So come on, Saturn.*** I'm ready. Hit me with your best shot. I got this.


* Tumultuous. I love that word. It's a say-out-loud word. Tumultuous. It sounds delicious.

** Even for my dissertation, which is due in 19 days and counting. 

*** Saturn is a planet.
Like Mars.
Mars, you say? Why, yes, I will use this opportunity to post gratuitous shots of Ziggy Stardust, front man of the Spiders of Mars. And puppies. Is this going to be a trend? I don't know.

I do know that BOWIE and puppies that look like BOWIE make me happy.




And, lest we think I'm biased, a kitty:


See what just happened there? My brain found a way to tie everything back to DAVID BOWIE. If only I could do that in my real life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment