Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

Back from RiverRun International Film Fest, aka, one of the world's most well-organized film festivals. I have always been in awe of my film fest friends (Lou and Mags in particular, organizers of past events like the Charlotte and the Doha Tribeca film fests), the amount of coordination it takes to ship in, entertain, and herd film makers and critics away from their cameras and computers, and choose the films and woo the venues and keep the sponsors happy and sell tickets all for the love of the medium is mind-boggling inspiring to me. North Carolina is full of stubborn, wonderfully artistic people that fight tooth and nail to make our state one of creative integrity and I'm proud to be witness to it in its myriad forms.

My own creativity has been slow this week; it's one of those weeks where everything seems absent of time, and I keep forgetting today is Wednesday and not Tuesday. Closer to the weekend, but oh, poor neglected Flâneur in the City! Absent of posts for a whole week, and after I met so many new people that graciously nodded after I begged them to read my blog! (Well, graciously nodded and backed away slowly from my blabbering. And I may have mentioned David Bowie's penis more than once. But still! Agreed to read! It counts!)

I have been working on laying out my thoughts on Miss Representation, and everything I've written so far needs a loving edit. It was an amazing movie, as expected, and there was a lot to mull over and process. Update on it all coming soon, my dears!

To my new readers, welcome, and to my forever readers, thank you. I do love you all and I appreciate the time you spend indulging me. Keep with me, my friends, and as ever I promise to entertain you!

For now, here's some baby pandas on slide. Oh, yes. FitC: Home of David Bowie, Feminism, and Baby Pandas.


0 comments:

Post a Comment