Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh My

Greetings from my office, the local coffeehouse with free WiFi!

My home, Casa de Chaos, has suffered sporadic to zip Internet access this week, causing yours truly to go through serious celebrity gossip and blog withdrawal. On top of lack of Internet access (get it together, Time Warner!), my trusty companion, my MacBook, the lifeline of all my non-self-destructive vices and addictions, has run out of memory. I actually didn't know this was possible, but it's true. I suppose my hobbies of taking hundreds of pictures, writing novels and downloading movies has taken its toll on Sir McBook; there is no room for anything new until I either make room or upgrade. Which sucks. Today I was driving behind a car that boasted the slogan "I'd rather be Shaggin" right on the license plate. The slogan was accompanied by a pair of shoes, so I suppose it's some sort of dance? (Google says it is a Southern swing dance.) But! Shagging! On an official State plate! Shagging! Sadly, I could not capture this magical moment in time because I left my camera at home today with the knowledge that if I took any pictures, I couldn't load them. Oh, Sir McBook.

The Internet gave me this image, so it's not a total bust:

I'd Rather Be SHAGGIN.
All this also means I haven't been able to repeatedly listen (and analyze) Gaga's new single, "Judas," since I cannot connect long enough to download it or YouTube it, and even if I could, there is no room for it on my poor bloody McBook. I had plans to write about it, natch. Also in the works were half a dozen unfinished posts saved in drafts on my dashboard, just waiting to be loved and finished. My lovely, lonely FitC becomes a hollow ghost of last week's news, and not a single Bowie or cup of tea to warm its waiting pages.

Luckily, there is free WiFi and caffeine in this world. Settling in to my teen dream coffeehouse (yes, still with the kindertots), I am finally able to write on my beautiful FitC, and check up on my stats to see who has dropped by for a visit. And what do I find?

A new link to FitC!

Well, stroke my ego! I love it when I get linked to by other blogs and sites. My narcissism needs to be fed, and other links are my Seymour. Feed me, feed me!

I click, excited.

The site is ... well. Of an Adult Nature. A Site of Ill-Repute, as it were. And smack-dab in the middle of Starbucks, in full view of a table full of squealing teenagers behind me and louder than the melodic strums of Simon & Garfunkel playing on the coffeehouse speakers, my screen becomes filled with lady bits and man wands. With my volume turned on high. 

Whelp. They know I'm here, at least.

1 comments:

Leah Jane said...

Don't worry, it happens to all of us. A website that I thought was about the history of Russian literature in the 19th century turned out to be... Well, never accidentally type "Pushin" instead of "Pushkin"

Post a Comment