Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blogging On Blogging

(Tricksy little thing, ain't it?) 

Hey, gang. How goes it?

So, have you followed me on your RSS feed yet? What's that, you ask? Oh, my darlings, hell if I can explain it. It's one of those magic Internet-y things that makes this online life I lead so much easier. But it works something like this: Hit the magic little button next to the website's URL in your search bar.
Subscribe to this blog.
And in the mornings, when you settle down with your coffee in cubicle land, or at night, when you stretch out after a hard day's work for some quality Facebook and mindless surf time, you will see my little box in your bookmark toolbar or feed or whatever other device you choose to apply it to, and you will move your little arrow over it. It will show you if there is a new blog post from your friend Natalie. You'll see the title of the post and decide whether or not you need to read another post about David Bowie or feminism (Face it: You do. You know you do!) and then? You read. Or not. Either way, it's there.
(My tech savvy friends *CoughSharstaCough* are laughing to death over this explanation. I know, I know. I'm hopeless. But if I'm hopeless, someone else may be too. I can't be the last hopeless one, can I? Anyway, for you technical types, I've added the Share/Save button. Do with that what you will.)

If you have your own Blogger account, you can follow me there as well. On your Dashboard, scroll down to your Reading List. Click Add. And put in your favorite flâneur. (And if I'm not your favorite flâneur, well, lie to me and add me anyway.) 

You may have noticed I've been a bad blogger this week. Not a word since Friday! Bad Natty! Sadly, I don't get paid to blog. It's not 2008 anymore; the days when I got paid to help make a newspaper pretty and blog about pop culture and nerdy things have passed.  I will sometimes have to skip blogging for a few days so I can be off in the world flâneuring and working and learning. But please come and check up on Flâneur in the City, because you never know when or what will be posted. And remember what I said before: I'm not going anywhere. This is the place to be.

Now, here's DAVID BOWIE looking hot and somewhat amused by my antics. You're welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment