Thursday, May 6, 2010

Speaking of ...

Seen on and around Putney High Street this week:


* This puppy. Named Sapphire. Who crawled into my lap without hesitation. My face is right in the middle of a mixed "Awww" and "Snuggle-wuggle-puppy-wuppy!" I was corrected by the pup's owner when I mistakenly called her a "he." I guess I'm just used to males trying to lick my face.

* Seen on the High Street: Dude that totally could double for a young Captain Jack Sparrow.

Since I lost my Johnny Depp lady-boner when I learned he was a Roman Polanski supporter, it's nice to know that there are still avenues for my physical attraction to his facial features by gawking at random street dudes. I don't find Johnny attractive anymore. But a non-child rapist supporter with his features? We can talk.

Speaking of Johnny Depp ...

* The unique and authentic London experience of shopping at the Kate Moss-influenced Topshop is negated when the salesgirls are all American.

(Kate Moss and Johnny Depp used to date. And there's your celebrity gossip for the early 1990s.)

* I saw a priest and a rabbi on High Street. Sadly, no punch line occurred. (They could have at least gone into a bar or something.)

* There comes a point where in a girl's life, say, the late 20s, perhaps, that one knee sock falling down ceases to be cute and crosses the border to annoying. There are 6-year-olds more put together than I am.

* Speaking of ... I am ready for hot weather, please. Thanks, London. As cute as my knee socks and sneakers are, I'm ready for sandals and sundresses.

* Life would be exponentially more awesome on a bicycle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment