Monday, February 14, 2011

You're Not Alone

One of my search hits this week was for this:

(Search Keywords: "am much too alone in this world, yet not alone")

Which linked to this post, titled "I Am Much Too Alone In This World, Yet Not Alone," an oldie from 2008. The post is Rainer Maria Rilke's poem in its entirety. That's all.

To the one who was looking for it: Hello. Welcome to FitC. I love that poem too; it is in fact one of my favorites. A tattered copy was taped to the mirror of my apartment for years; It's one of those poems that speaks to me in a profound way that makes sharing it feel like I am naked. A well-crafted poem that exceeds the limits of translation into English; something that eludes lesser poems. It's beautiful, isn't it?

The Internet can be a weird and hateful place sometimes, but it can also be a place to make small moments of connections and genuine friendships that make the world a little bit easier to bear. Hello. You are not alone in this world. Count yourself among those in the know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment